Monday, July 5, 2010

Shiver

Hi!
So i'm new to this blogging thing but here we go.
Today i'm going to write about this book that I'm reading called "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm not going to lie, when I first started reading it I was a little skeptical. After reading the back of the book, my initial assumption was that it was a "Twilight" knock-off. Only after I read a few chapters my mind changed. I like how the main character Grace isn't all "damsel in distress". She actually is a strong, independent person who (for a change) saves the guy who she loves. I also liked how the werewolves change according to temperature, not the time of day. I thought that was a cool twist. Of course, I couldn't help but notice some similarities to other books I've read. (mainly the Twilight saga). But I have to admit that I have not been able to put the book down the past few days. It's not one of my favorite books, but so far I am really enjoying it.
Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this..if there was anyone..

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment